It is never too early to plan the next phase of your life, because a well-planned life is the key to a successful and fulfilling retirement. Comprehensive retirement planning covers all aspects of a rewarding life including Financial, Social, Psychological, Emotional and Physical.
This course will prepare you for a successful retirement by giving you all necessary financial information and by helping you develop a life plan that will guide you through a smooth transition into retirement.
- Establish your retirement vision building on your dreams, aspirations and life goals;
- Determine when is the right time to retire;
- Provide the "A to Z" of the Government of Canada employee pension plan (PSSA);
- Provide advice on how to avoid the pitfalls of poor financial planning;
- Explain the various types of financial investment instruments that are at your disposal;
- Better understand the changes that will affect your life and how to manage them;
- See how to fit your current work identity into your retirement identity;
- Figure out how to create a more balanced pace for yourself;
- Learn how to stay connected to your community and the world around you;
- Identify your current and future social support network;
- Feel confident and excited about this next chapter in your life.