This course is intended for anyone who wants to expand their entry-level knowledge of Adobe InDesign by using advanced features and collaboration tools.
In Adobe® InDesign® CC Intro, you were introduced to the many features that help you create professional looking documents. Now you need to create much lengthier interactive documents that need to be accessed across a range of devices. In Adobe® InDesign® CC Advanced, you will learn advanced InDesign techniques to enhance the look and functionality of your documents.
Using Adobe InDesign, you have the ability to assign color profiles and establish print presets. In creating longer documents, you’ll be able to include such features as a table of contents, footnotes, cross- references, and an index.
Preparing Documents for Multiple Formats
- Build Layout Versions
- Link Content
Managing Advanced Page Elements
- Create Repeating Content
- Change Text Layouts
- Create Transparency
- Anchor Objects and Manage a Library
- Import Styles from Microsoft Word Documents
- Manage Styles
Building Complex Paths
- Create Bezier Paths
- Create Clipping Paths
- Create Compound Paths
Managing External Files and Creating Dynamic Documents
- Import External Files
- Create Document Sections
- Insert Text Variables
- Create Interactive Documents
Managing Long Documents
- Create a Book
- Build a Table of Contents
- Create Hyperlinks and Cross-References
- Generate an Index and Insert Footnotes
Publishing InDesign Files for Other Formats and Customizing Print Settings
- Export PDF Files for Print
- Export Interactive PDF Files and Files for Animation
- Export Files for the Web
- Manage Colors
- Preview the Print Output
- Create Print Presets
Appendix A: Productivity Enhancements
Appendix B: InDesign Language Support Appendix C: Extension Manager CC
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to use Adobe InDesign CC to create and deliver professional looking printed and interactive documents. You will:
- Prepare documents for multiple formats.
- Manage advanced page layouts.
- Manage styles.
- Build complex paths.
- Manage external files and create dynamic documents.
- Manage long documents.
- Publish InDesign files for other formats and customize print settings.