***This course is delivered remotely in smaller half-day segments and has a temporary three-day duration.***
Anyone who is expected to plan for, write or review content for the web
Are you or your organization facing large volumes of information that need to be disseminated on the web? To add to the challenge, are you dealing with complex information or technical subject matters? This two-day workshop will enhance your skills at writing web content that is well- organized, clear and focused on the readers’ needs. Through practical exercises, you will learn to use words that matter to the readers, and to develop content that is easy-to-read and easy- to-understand so that readers can quickly find what they are looking for.
- Understanding who reads your website content
- Researching readers’ needs and developing reader profiles
- Writing clean, clear and crisp
- Using grammar and punctuation effectively
- Driving readers to action
- Using visuals to increase impact, not to distract from filler
- Testing website content to improve it
- Working with technical and design staff
- Editing print documents to be effective on the web
- Writing for the mobile web
- Making the search engine optimization work for you
Elva has provided training for a range of organizations in both the private and not-for-profit sectors and for several government departments. In addition to the workshops, Elva also offers one-on-one coaching as an effective means to support participants in taking their writing skills to the next level.