Writing operational policies and procedures that are easily understood and provide clear guidance
***This course is delivered remotely in smaller half-day segments and has a temporary three-day duration.***
This course is designed for anyone at various levels of the organization, such as EC/PM/AS-2 to EC/PM/AS-6 levels or equivalent, who is writing or reviewing internal or external policies and procedures. Whether you are writing operational policies and procedures as your primary work function, or just gearing up for a one-off project, this cutting edge workshop will see that you are equipped for the task.
This workshop will equip participants with tools and techniques to write operational policies that clearly define the requirements for operational staff and related procedures that guide a performer in completing a given task. You will learn the characteristics of well-written policies and procedures and how to draft coherent operational policy statements and understandable procedures following proven techniques.
- Analysis to support a policy, guidance, or control document
- Control documents – what they are, how they’re used, how they work together
- Comparing process to procedure
- Templates for policy and procedure documents
- Writing purpose and policy statements
- Assessing the need for procedures
- Sample questions to ask before drafting a procedure
- Formats for procedures and when best to use each
- Tips for writing procedures.
Elva has provided training for a range of organizations in both the private and not-for-profit sectors and for several government departments. In addition to the workshops, Elva also offers one-on-one coaching as an effective means to support participants in taking their writing skills to the next level.