Intermediate-Level and Experienced Process Managers and Team Members, Flowchart & Diagram Developers.
This course requires the following prerequisites:
- Working Knowledge of Microsoft Windows XP.
- Basic Knowledge of Microsoft Word.
Flowcharts and process diagrams play a pivotal role in knowledge dissemination, making complex business processes and data easier to understand. Microsoft Visio Professional includes a host of features that are instrumental in creating pictorial representations of this information.
In this course, you will learn the essentials of process design and visualization,
along with effective strategies for flowchart and diagram creation and customization using Microsoft Visio Professional.
Section 1: Starting Out
- Meeting Microsoft Office Visio
- Working with Visio Files
- Creating a Diagram
- Using the Shapes Pane
- Connecting Shapes
- Getting Help in Visio
Section 2: Understanding and Customizing the Visio Interface
- Getting Acquainted
- The Quick Access Toolbar
- Tabs and Groups
- Customizing the Ribbon
Section 3: Overview of the Command Tabs
- The Home Tab
- The Insert Tab
- The Design Tab
- The Data Tab
- The Review Tab
- The View Tab
Section 4: Creating Diagrams
- Starting Points for Your Diagrams
- Using Visio’s Editing Tools
- Editing Shapes
- Formatting Shapes
- Arranging Shapes
Section 5: Doing More with Diagrams
- Formatting Text, Part One
- Formatting Text, Part Two
- Working with Text Blocks
- Adding Freeform Shapes
Section 6: Printing and Viewing Your Diagram
- Using Visio’s Viewing Tools
- Working with Pages
- Polishing Your Diagram
- Printing Your Diagram
- Understand principles of visual flowcharting and design.
- Design and manage basic management process and flowchart diagrams, workflows, and other visual tools.
- How flowcharts compare to mind-maps
- Create customized drawing elements and templates.
- Represent external data as drawing elements.
- Share your Visio diagram content with others.