This course is designed for policy analysts, program officers, and subject-matter experts of the ES/PM-3 to ES/PM-7 levels or equivalent and for managers. Experience in policy analysis or programme or operational design is not required. Thus, new recruits or seasoned policy analysts will all benefit from this workshop.
This workshop first provides a road map to help participants understand the sequencing of various parts of the legislative process, and to build a planning framework. You will learn how to analyze policy options, manage a project, and write an MC and drafting instructions.
- Policy analysis: developing a strong rationale for a legislative project
- Effective communications and consultations
- Managing a legislative project: scoping and planning
- Mapping the policy analysis onto drafting instructions
- Risk management and the legislative process
- Tips for effective MC-writing
- Dealing with hierarchy