A Practical Approach for Resilience
Team members, supervisors and managers at all levels of the organization.
COVID has created an extraordinary situation for the workplace, where norms have changed and paradigms shifted. Working from home is only one example of change that has impacted most of us, and which has had repercussions on work, family and social life. Resulting stress, negative thoughts and emotions manifest themselves into mental constructs that can move the mind from a place of concern, and when it becomes acute, could move towards anxiety, fear, anger and despair.
This workshop will provide some important context around mental health and the workplace, and will expose participants to the practice of mindfulness. Practical tools and methods will be shared to manage emotion, and to provide perspective on uncontrollable situations due to external factors. The time-tested and research-based mindfulness practice can be learned and adopted (with patience and perseverance!), to help participants manage thoughts and emotions and respond to daily situations with an approach that is easier and less stressful.
Virtual delivery via GoToMeeting, with PowerPoint slides and interactive discussions and exercises.
- Introduction to mental health and wellbeing in the workplace, COVID realities and context to the program
- The workings of the mind
- The workings of the brain
- How the brain and the mind work together to manifest thought, emotion and action
- The biochemistry of the body that relates to emotion and stress
- How stress can impact health and wellbeing
- Mindfulness, mental health and wellbeing
- Living a mindful way of life
- Two guided meditation practices