How to Get the Best of Your Remote Team
Supervisors and managers who are working virtually with their team, or anyone leading or contributing to a project team or an initiative.
This course is designed for managers working in a virtual environment. Whether your whole team is virtual, or just one or two members, this course will provide you with techniques and strategies required for leading a successful remote team that gets results. Even if you have worked remotely in the past, you can expect to learn techniques that will help you to mentally adjust to our recent and ongoing remote teams, and to formulate the right plan to support your team, or project team.
This course addresses key challenges for remote leaders:
- Being clear about expectations
- Performance at a distance
- Common pitfalls
- Best communication practices to support your the team
- Keeping remote teams productive and engaged
Virtual delivery via GoToMeeting, with PowerPoint slides and interactive discussions, quizzes and simulated exercises.
- Communicating effectively in a virtual environment
- Running effective virtual meetings
- Managing performance at a distance
- Creating and fostering an environment of trust
- Being empathetic
- Keeping employees engaged
- Coping mechanisms
- Strategies and best practices
Carolyn Baker, with over 33 years in the federal public service, has led virtual teams before we even said the word “virtual”!! She has experienced first-hand the challenges and opportunities that arise when leading and working from a distance. Carolyn is a senior leadership facilitator, who is also certified in remote leadership. Her interactive approach makes her workshops lively and engaging.