Building Blocks Technologies Incorporated, a Canadian leader in Corporate Skills, Information Technology and Security education and professional services, is looking for an Inside Sales Representative for its Ottawa office to market and sell its training services to public and private sector clients.
We are a company that puts its people first by fostering a dynamic team approach, offering everyone a chance to grow with the company and to develop their professional skills.
If you thrive on challenge, enjoy working in a creative and engaging environment, have a passion for business and an entrepreneurial spirit, we would like to hear from you.
The successful candidate will be responsible for acquiring and developing new customers primarily within the Government of Canada.
- Sales prospecting and account management
- Handle leads requesting service in English and French
- Represent the market needs in strategic and tactical sales discussions
- Assist with the written preparation of sales and marketing materials
- Assist in the coordination and execution of marketing and communication plans
- Attend training sessions (on-site and public) and welcoming attendees
- Submission of sales reports in a timely manner
- As part of a team contribute to proposal writing
- Bilingual in English and French (written and spoken)
- Ability to handle rejection, overcome obstacles, and break down barriers
- Ability to generate business through direct sales activities (cold-calling, account penetration, getting meetings with key customers, presentations, networking etc.)
- Ability to develop a network of regular contacts and clients to generate regular recurring business
- Ability to influence and leverage business based on experience and knowledge of current sales techniques
- Ability to listen to client requirements, understand their business needs and develop solutions to address their current challenges
- Possess an entrepreneurial spirit, be able to work well in a team dynamic and independently
- Be energetic and motivated
- Possess professional business writing and presentation skills, and effective oral communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree or College diploma in Business, Marketing or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated proficiency working with MS Office and CRM technologies
- 2-5 years experience in the professional development, adult education or training industry
What We Offer:
In addition to ongoing training, a great work environment and support, we also offer a competitive base salary, regular commissions and bonuses, and an unlimited income potential.